This position is responsible for supporting the GM Financial Purchasing Department projects and processes. Additionally, the position may support other organization teams, processes or functions.
- Improves systems, controls and business processes by analyzing current practices or operational procedures and designing or recommending modifications.
- Assists in development and implementing business strategies to improve operational processing and productivity.
- Design processes by analyzing business and/or user requirements.
- Studying system capabilities and writing functions or system specifications.
- Provides support for users by writing and maintaining system documentation, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, providing user support and training.
- Maintains system protocols by writing and documenting complete, concise and comprehensive operation procedures.
- Project Management, which includes: defining project requirements by identifying project requirement, milestones, phases or elements. Forming and lead project teams.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, recommending actions.
- Coordinates testing of new or modified systems to ensure integrity and quality of data while providing and/or assisting in training of users.
- Defines and develops test scenarios.
- Documents and tracks system errors and issues.
- Manages system improvement or enhancement requests and develops implementation schedule and user notification of upgrades.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Contributes to team effort by completing special projects as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: AVP Purchasing
Direct Reports: None