Under direct supervision of the Loss Mitigation Team Leader, the Loss Mitigation Account Representative performs recovery efforts to minimize losses on accounts that are identified as impounds, total loss or substitution of collateral. In addition, this team member may have responsibility for expired loans or other small balance accounts. This team member has contact with customers, insurance agents, repossession agents and other outside agencies.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES
- Basic knowledge of vehicle titles and state DMV regulations.
- Basic knowledge of the collection policies and procedures and be familiar with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations in order to perform duties described above.
- Accurate typing and data entry skills.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and demonstrate competency in the use of standard software applications.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to promote a cooperative team environment and provide good customer service.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous collections experience preferred, automobile collections desired.
Normal office environment.