- Conduct Regulatory Compliance Self-Assessment account level reviews to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Independently assess business processes and make proactive recommendations to mitigate compliance risk and identify monitoring and reporting needs when business, system, or regulatory changes go into effect and/or as a result of findings in internal compliance reviews such as self-assessments.
- Provide independent analysis and quantitative reviews of system-generated calculations and statutorily required notifications regarding accounts for the RCSA process.
- Provide monthly and real-time updates to leadership regarding new risks identified.
- Develop a thorough understanding of GM Financial’s responsibilities for compliance to all applicable state and federal consumer laws.
- Develop a thorough understanding of GM Financial policies, procedures and provide suggestions to revise those documents in order to comply with legal requirements, new laws and recommendations.
- Maintain accurate, thorough records of communication and research.
- Update the logs and databases as required.
- Foster open communication and information sharing within department.
- Review all potential OFAC hits to confirm whether or not there is a true match and collaborate with applicable business unit to obtain necessary information.
- Participate and support senior specialists in state exams, as needed.
- Conduct internal compliance reviews as a result of state examinations and regulatory change.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES:
Complete other related duties and projects, as assigned.
Reports to: AVP State and Federal Examinations