A strong understanding of the IT security landscape, including emerging risks and security solutions.
Knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite, DHCP, DNS, LAN/WAN, and Operating System concepts.
Knowledge of packet capture methods and analysis of network flows
Knowledge of the OSI model and security that is associated with each layer.
Knowledge of wide area network security as it pertains to networking protocols and connectivity to/from outside resources
Strong network security knowledge to include Remote access - VPN, Firewalls, DMZ architecture, network monitoring, intrusion detection, web server security, and wireless security.
Knowledge of security logging tools (log management, SIEM, etc.).
- Experience in setting appropriate priorities for tasks to be accomplished based on project plans and management priorities are required.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with good analytical skills.
- Ability to exercise prudent judgment and offer knowledgeable advice.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in IT Security, server administration, networking or previous SOC work experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (or related field) or equivalent experience is preferred.
- One of the following technical certifications is preferred, but not required: Security+, Network+, MCSE, CISSP, CCNP-Security, CCSA, CCSE, GIAC, CEH, CPTS or equivalent certifications
Normal office environment may be subject to stressful situations as it relates to project coordination and communication. Some after-hours work and periodic 24x7 on call support will be required.