- Manage the Credit Scoring Framework, inventory of existing models, and constantly improving them by leveraging current and alternative sources of information.
- Develop Statistical Credit scoring models (both internally developed and also through 3rd party vendor management) for several markets and products within GMF International Operations (Consumer Auto Lending).
- Provide insight and recommendations for the creation of expert based models to score and support the launch of new products, including Retail, Leasing and SME.
- Establish best practices for Scoring Development and Monitoring, ensuring adequate standards and anticipating actions that improve our business from an analytical standpoint.
- Support development and recommendation of acquisition and auto-decision strategies to achieve strategic objectives of Business growth and profitability.
- Establish acquisition strategies for new products based on analytical foundation.
- Leverage business internal profitability and pricing model to thoroughly understand Risk / reward tradeoff for proposed strategy design / changes.
- Develop, maintain and disclose risk monitoring frameworks.
- Work with local risk teams, Finance, Pricing to undertake analysis and ensure priorities are aligned to strategic goals
- Ensure all strategies are in line with Responsible Lending standards and GMF’s policy on Treating Customers Fairly.
- Ensure ongoing adherence to all relevant compliance regulations that may govern GMF IO business and complete all regulatory knowledge training where applicable in a timely fashion.
- 8+ years of experience in Consumer Credit Risk Management.
- 8+ years of experience in statistical modeling, specifically credit scoring modeling, development of data driven strategies for consumer lending and portfolio maintenance.
- Experience in banking / financial services: Business oriented leader with strong analytical background: Consumer lending strategy, Credit policy, portfolio management, collections strategies. Background in loss forecasting, consumer underwriting policy management, reporting is a plus.
- Previous experience successfully managing analytical teams.
- Prior experience in development and implementation of credit risk models or strategies.
- Knowledge on consumer credit acquisitions and collections models, strategy and development.
- Bachelor and Master Degrees in Quantitative or finance related (Engineering, Finance, Math, Statistics, Economics).
Skills and Knowledge
- Highly effective written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical audiences (including Senior Management). Ability to synthetize and communicate complex analytics in concise and effective business messages.
- Capacity to positively influence internal / external customers, developed negotiation skills.
- Self-driven / self-motivated attitude on the job. High sense of responsibility, autonomy. The candidate is expected to achieve the objectives without direct supervision.
- Experience and proficiency using SAS, R or equivalent data management-statistical tool (intermediate or advanced), intermediate MS-Excel skills. Functional use of MS suite products.
- Experience in use of analytical tools for segmentation (CHAID and others).
- Written and verbal fluency in English is a must - additional language proficiency is a plus.
- Integrity, professionalism, focus on customer, focus on results and timely delivery, planning and organization, managing ambiguity and effective communication are key
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed